MiND 2 is the second generation of the MOON intelligent Network Device. In addition to all original MiND features, MiND 2 is Roon Ready, offers multi-room synchronized playback and streams MQA* audio files.
*Requires MQA DAC for full MQA decoding.
The control center of a MiND is our proprietary application running on an iPad, iPhone, or Android device. Not only does MiND 2 allow to access, browse and play the music you care for (from your computer, NAS, mobile devices and various internet based music services), it also gives you the control of your MOON Hi-Fi system for ultimate ease of use. This is what streaming music is all about!
The MiND 2 outputs a digital audio signal (Toslink, SPDIF, AES/EBU) allowing any DAC to reach its maximum sonic potential. The addition of Bluetooth® aptX™ audio support provides easy connectivity with your wireless devices.
The SimLink™ connection allows for control of any SimLink equipped MOON system, enhancing ease of use, without having to use the IR remote. The MOON MiND Controller App can adjust the real volume control of a MOON system rather than using the most common digital attenuation method. This maintains the true fidelity of the music at any volume setting.
- Multi-room synchronized playback
- Roon Ready device
- Tidal, with Tidal Masters support
- Deezer with Deezer Hi-Fi support
- Qobuz, with Qobuz Sublime+ support
- Tune-In Internet radios
- Music Services fully integrated
- UPnP Compatibility
- Play queue mixing multiple sources capability (tracks from various services)
- Up to 32 bits/384 kHz sampling rate support on wired connection
- Up to DSD 256 sampling rate support on wired connection
- iOS & Android compatible control App
- SimLink™ communication channel to control other MOON components
- Software based technology for better future upgradeability
Digital outputsSPDIF, TosLink & AES/EBU
Remote ControlFull-Function CRM-3
Shipping weight7 lb / 3.1 kg
Dimensions (width x height x depth)7.0 x 3.0 x 11.0 in
In simple terms, the MiND doesn’t sound like a typical streamer. It is almost entirely free of those telltale deficiencies in timing and dynamics, performing with a level of musicality we’ve heard rarely, if before at all, in this price bracket.
We feed it Manchester Orchestra’s A Black Mile To The Surface, and get the texture of Andy Hull’s luscious, wavering vocal lines, set among harmonies painted with broad, bold strokes.
The MiND renders voices with full body and detail, but more importantly with such a level of expression that songs’ characters are not lost even when playing over Bluetooth or via a compressed stream. READ MORE