3010S2D Pre Amplifier
- Large custom made toroidal power transformer and smoothing capacitors for power supply
- Option to fit a MC or MM phono module OR plug in DAC option
- 6 line inputs or 5 plus optional phono card, 2 main out (RCA) and 1 tape output
- High quality relays used for input source selection
- Full remote control of input selector, volume and mute
- Audio output stages utilising discrete transistor class A output buffer
- High quality all aluminium case work
- Remote control
- Three year guarantee
- Available in black or titanium
- Output Level : 2V RMS
- Frequency Response : 20Hz – 20KHz ± 0.25dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion : <0.008%, 20Hz – 20KHz, 0dBFs
- Signal to Noise Ratio : >100dB, A weighted
- Mains Supply : 110/120V or 220/240V, 50/60Hz (factory set)
- Power Consumption : <25 VA
- Dimensions – H x W x D : 90mm x 440mm x 300mm
- Nett Weight (unpacked) : 5kg
- Gross Weight (packed) : 7kg
Exposure has long been renowned for creating high-performance audio components with involving musical reality, yet with an affordable price tag. In January 2015 the brand released a new, enhanced edition of its more powerful integrated amplifier – 3010S2D. Now the preamplifier has been given the same upgrade.
Like its predecessor, the 3010S2D preamplifier comes with six line level inputs, one of which is now a direct input to enable easy integration within a home theater system. As with integrated amplifiers, the manufacturer offers to extend the functionality of the new preamplifier with optional cards. This can be a MM or MC phono stage or a nice DAC capable of 24 bit/192 kHz PCM and DSD64 playback. The digital-to-analogue converter comes with two inputs – USB and BNC, with auto-switching between them. A tape output is included as well, and two main outputs allow for easy bi-amping.
What’s inside? The 3010S2D features a brand new circuit board which has been remapped and high quality relays for input selection to ensure the shortest possible signal path. There are no integrated circuits, as the signal path uses discrete components including special high-quality capacitors. The new power supply includes a large custom-made torodial power transformer and extra stages of regulation for improved performance. The input impedance is measured at 17 kΩ, the sensitivity is 250 mV. The 3010S2D preamplifier also has a very low THD (less than 0.005%) and the frequency range covers the whole spectrum from 20 Hz to 20 kHz, at +/- 0.5 dB which is also quite impressive. Exposure 3010S2D preamplifier is available in titanium or black at £1060. The optional MM and MC phono stage boards and the DAC board options.