The new converters constitute the latest version of METRONOME TECHNOLOGIE Converters series , has inherited of the most recent developments and proprietary improvements performed by METRONOME TECHNOLOGIE with a very high level of quality achievement.
Main Highlights and Design Features:
- The two D/A converters using the best 24 bit/192 kHz technology with 32 bit internal processing permit fast music restitution with clearer and deeper sound.
- The upsampler and the D/A converters are fixed on an independent PCB plugged on the main board which permits easy possible upgrade.
- The USB type B digital output permits direct connection with a computer (PC and Mac) and accepts high resolution signals such as HD_Master (24bit/192kHz).
- Each digital input uses its own Digital Input Receiver for a lower level of jitter.
- The analog stage includes four operational amplifiers typically chosen for their sound quality, their fast transitions and exceptional audio quality (very transparent, open & aerial)
- A user friendly digital screen shows the signal frequency of the selected input.
- The power supply with individual power transformers and completely independent regulation lines for each critical part of the converter – digital input stage, digital upsampling and processing, converter, analog output – provides an inter-stage EMI/RFI radiation protection to insure a dynamic analog-like sound quality.
The model C5 is a solid state version, becoming C6 with addition of tubes, and C8 includes a switch function from solid state to tubes and an external ELEKTRA power supply.
D/A Converter resolution :
24 bit/192 kHz technology with 4 converters.
Sample rate converter :
Dynamic range capacity : 175dB
Distortion + noise : -140dB
Internal processing : 32 bit
Input frequency range : from 44,1 to 192 kHz .
Analog stage line with 2 operational modes :
Mode 1 : Solid-state stage line
Mode 2 : Tube stage line
Dynamic range capacity : 140 dB
Frequency bandwidth : 10Hz – 25 kHz +/- 0,1dB Class A
Digital Inputs :
All the 4 inputs accept from 44.1 to 192 kHz signal
S/PDIF 75 Ohms RCA connector
AES/EBU 110 Ohms XLR connector
Unbalanced 2.5V RMS@0dB -47K Ohms – RCA connectors
Balanced 2.5V RMS@0dB -600 Ohms – XLR connectors
Elektra power supply for C8 :
Specific AC filters. 3 main toroidal transformers and 11 separate
independent regulation lines.
Voltage : 100 – 120/240 VAC – 50/60 Hz
Power consumption: 40 VA
Dimensions & Weight :
Converter unit (WxHxD) : 450 x 105 x 435 mm Weight : 14kg
Elektra Power supply (WxHxD) : 450 x 105 x 435 mm Weight: 15